M, #1014, b. 11 June 1859
- Name Variation: Alexander Neave was also known as Alexander Ross.
- Birth*: He was born on 11 June 1859 at Wellbraehead, Forfar, Angus, Scotland; 1859 births in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, ref 155; Neave Alexander, born 1859 June Elelventh 9h pm Wellbraehead Forfar, male, parents James Nave pavement quarrier illegitimate and Mary Ross linen handloom weaver, signed Mary Ross her X mark mother present, signed James Neave his X mark father, signed John Webster registrar witness; registered 1859 June 20 at Forfar signed John Webster registrar.1
- He was the son of James Neave and Mary Ross.
- (Witness) Marriage: Alexander Neave witnessed the marriage of Alexander Adam Anderson and Jessie Ross Neave on Friday, 7 September 1906 at Kirkton Hall, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1906 marriages in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, ref 73; 1906 on the Seventh day of September at Kirkton Hall Forfar after banns according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland; signed Alexander Adams Anderson general labourer bachelor aged 26 residing 11 Wellbraehead Forfar, parents Alexander Adamson an army pensioner (dec) and Martha Adam factory worker; signed Jessie R Neave factory worker spinster aged 39 residing 11 Wellbraehead Forfar, parents James Neave factory worker (dec) and Mary Neave ms Ross; signed John Weir MA minister of Parish of St James Forfar, signed Mary Neave AlexrNeave witnesses, registered 1906 Septemeber 10th at Forfar W H Thomson regsitrar.2
Last Edited: 30 Jun 2016
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Birth 1859 Forfar Forfarshire 288/00 0155 image held [Feb 2015].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1906 Forfar 288/0A 0073 image held [Dec 2014].