F, #10462, b. circa 1762, d. 12 November 1799
- Birth*: Elizabeth Bennett was born circa 1762.1
- Marriage*: She married John Adamson, son of David Adamson and Jane Wilkie, on Saturday, 24 December 1785 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland.1,2
- Married Name: As of circa 1787, her married name was Adamson.1
- Death*: Elizabeth Bennett died on 12 November 1799.1,3
- (Spouse) Death: Their spouse John Adamson died on 2 January 1819 at Kirriemuir, Forfarshire, Scotland.1,3
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: Elizabeth Adamson is commemorated on the headstone erected by Alexander Adamson and John Adamson say 1820 at Kirriemuir Parish Church, Kirriemuir, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads by Alex baker in Kirriemuir & John baker in London imo fa John Adamson 2.1.1819 59, sis Jean d nonage, bro Wm 3.1799 3, mo Elis Bennet 12.11.1799 37, step mo Cecelia Scrimger 2.12.1820 64; Janet Adamson d London 1860 68; John Adamson , wid Margt Jones d London 1870 73; Margt Adamson d here 1883 84; (west side) Elis Smith 19.4.1821 35 (late w of Alex Adamson); Alex Adamson 19.2.1837 50; John Adamson baker at 20 Lime Steet City of London 21.7.1844 54; Eliz Adamson 24.11.1850 63; Eliz Adamson d London 9.4.1851 38 (da of late Alex Adamson.)3
Last Edited: 14 Apr 2015
- [S56] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), Pedigree Resource File, database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/3MXV-8MF : accessed 2013-08-14), entry for John /Adamson/.
- [S56] Unknown compiler, Scotland, Marriages, 1561-1910, index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTV2-DXV : accessed 14 Aug 2013), John Adamson and Elizabeth Bennett, 24 Dec 1785.
- [S42] Alison Mitchell ed. Monumental Inscriptions pre-1855 Angus Strathmore vol 1, Scottish Genealogy Society, Edinburgh, first ed (1979, reprint 1993 & 1996) 0 901061 20 4 Kirriemuir Parish Church ref 23a page 221 no 16.