M, #1049, b. 25 September 1826, d. 7 July 1863
- Birth*: William Burnet was born on 25 September 1826.
- He was the son of Alexander Burnet and Janet Mackie.
- (Groom) Marriage*: William Burnet married Margaret Smith on 7 September 1851 at Forfar, Angus, Scotland.
- (Witness) Death: William Burnet witnessed the death of George Burnet on 6 June 1856 at South Street, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; cert held: 1856 deaths in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, Burnet George linen hand loom weaver single, 1856 June sixth 0h 50m pm South Street Forfar, m, 50 years, Alexander Burnet shoemaker master (dec) Agnes Burnet ms Strang (dec), pulmonary consumption for upwards of ... years as cert by William Steel MD who saw dec 9 June 1856, New Cemetery Forfar as cert by James Esplin undertaker, William Burnet nephew present.
- (Deceased) Death*: William Burnet died on 7 July 1863 at Tain, Scotland, at age 36 1863 deaths in the parish of Tain in the county of Ross, William Burnet married to Margaret Smith mason journeyman, 1863 July seventh 11am at Kirk Street Railway Bridge, m, 36 years, Alexander Burnet shoemaker master, Jannet Burnet ms Mackie, instantaneous death caused by a large stone falling from the slings of the crane upon his head and shoulders, Catherine Munro occupier; and from MI (Angus pre-1855 MI ed Mitchell): Wm Burnett accidentally killed at Tain 7.7.1863 36, fa Alex 13.1.1838 36, uncle Geo Burnett 9.6.1856 50, two chn d inf, da Nancy 6.3.1886, 23, da Jessie 8.7.1891 3 5, w Margt Sith 3.7.1909 76.
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: He is commemorated on the headstone erected on 7 July 1863 at Forfar Cemetery #49, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads Wm Burnett accidentally killed at Tain 7.7.1863 36, fa Alex 13.1.1838 36, uncle Geo Burnett 9.6.1856 50, two chn d inf, da Nancy 6.3.1886, 23, da Jessie 8.7.1891 3 5, w Margt Smith 3.7.1909 76.1
Last Edited: 9 Jul 2010
b. c 1833, d. 3 Jul 1909
- (Groom) Marriage*: He married Margaret Smith on 7 September 1851 at Forfar, Angus, Scotland.
- [S42] Alison Mitchell ed. Monumental Inscriptions pre-1855 Angus Strathmore vol 1, Scottish Genealogy Society, Edinburgh, first ed (1979, reprint 1993 & 1996) 0 901061 20 4 from MI at Forfar Cemetery (Angus pre-1855 MI ed Mitchell).