F, #10827, b. circa 1841
- Birth*: Elizabeth Archibald was born circa 1841.1
- Married Name: As of 3 April 1893, her married name was Milne.1
- Marriage*: She married Alexander Hodge Milne, son of James Milne and Marjory Matthew, on Monday, 3 April 1893 at 2 C... Terrace, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1893 marriages in the district of St Peter in the burgh of Dundee, red 61, 1893 on the third day of April at 2 C... Terrace Dundee after banns according to th e forms of the UP Church, signed Alexr Hodge Milne overseer jute works widower, 54, 159 Scouringburn Dundee parents James Milne mill overseer (dec) and Marjory Milne ms Matthews (dec); signed Elizabeth her x mark Archibald domestic servant spinster, A R Waterston, J R Gibson witnesses, 51, 177 1/2 Scouringburn Dundee parents James Archibald ... (dec) and Catherine Archibald ms B... (dec); signed John Reid ... minister ... ... ... Dundee, signed Beatrice Gibson, James Gibson witnesses, registered 1893 April 4th at Dundee Dav Young asst registrar initialled JY [Jas Young registrar].1
- (Spouse) Death: Their spouse Alexander Hodge Milne died on 13 July 1897 at 159 Scouringburn, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1897 death in the district of St Mary in the burgh of Dundee, ref 402; Alexander Hodge Milne jute mill overseer married to 1st Betsy Coutts 2nd to Agnes Langlands 3rd to Betsy Archibald, 1897 July Thirteenth 4h 50m am 159 Scouringburn Dunde, male aged 64 years, parents James Milne jute mill overseer (dec) and Marjory Milne ms Matthew (dec), probably cardiac syncope as cert by W Chlamers Cowan LRCP&S Ed signed JAmes M Miller Newphew 80 HAwkhill, registered 1897 July 13th at Dundee Thos Meek assist registrar initialled JA [Jas Anderson].2
Last Edited: 23 Jun 2015
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1893 Dundee St Peter 282/01 0061 [March 2014].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1897 Dundee St Mary 282/02 0402 [March 2014].