- Birth*: Ethel Key Samson was born on 19 June 1893 at 161 Ann Street, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland.1,2,3
- She was the daughter of William Welsh Samson and Helen Grieve Allardice.1
- (Deceased) Death*: Ethel Key Samson died on 22 May 1910 at 4 Ladybridge Street, Arbroath, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 16 aged 16.2,3
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: She is commemorated on the headstone erected by John Samson in 1889. Inscription reads Erected by John Samson in loving memory of his wife Susam Welsh died 4th April 1889 aged 55 years, and of their family David died 16th Aug 1870 aged 16 years, Betsy dies 15th Sep 1876 aged 19 years, James died 14th Nov 1869 aged 8 months, Jane died 26th Feb 1869 aged 3 years; also of his mother who died 25th Dec 1855 aged 47 years; The above John Samson died at Dundee 8th Sep 1904 aged 72 years; also Ethel K Samson his grand daughter died at Arbroath 22nd May 1910 aged 16 years, also Helen G Allardice his daughter in law died 6th Juuly 1935 aged 74 years; William W Samson son of John Samson died in Arbroath 7th Dec 1946 aged 84.2
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Arbroath; ED: 2; Page: 32; Line: 18; Roll: CSSCT1901_85. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1901 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1901 Scotland Census. Reels 1-446. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [April 2014]
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , PCC Newmonthill Cemetery [4 May 2014].
- [S40] CM [Mar 2014].
- PCC photograph [May 2014]
Mother*: Helen Grieve Allardice1 b. c 1861, d. 6 Jul 1935