M, #11043, b. circa 1805
- Birth*: Andrew Rodgers was born circa 1805.1
- (Groom) Marriage*: He married Martha Adamson, daughter of Robert Adamson and Margaret Bruce, on 24 December 1858 at Kirriemuir, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1858 marriages in the parish of Kirriemuir in the county of Forfar, ref 48; On the Twenty-fourth day of December 1858 at Kiriemuir. Marriage (after Banns) was solemnised between us according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland; signed Andrew Rogers, aged 54, residing Milton, Glen of Ogilvie, Glenisla, shoemaker widower, parents William Rogers ploughman (dec) and Janet Rogers mn Kinmont (dec) and signed Martha Adamson, aged 44, residing Kirriemuir, weaver spinster, parents Robert Adamson carter (dec) and Margaret Adamson ms Bruce (dec); signed David G S Ramsay minister, signed William Thoms, Catherine Gordon, witnesses; the above marriage was registered by me at Kirriemuir on the 27th day of December 1858, signes James Stirling registrar.1
- (Spouse) Death: His spouse Martha Adamson died on 1 July 1872 at 17 Zoar, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; Deaths in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, ref 147; Martha Rodger widow of Andrew Rodger gardener, 1872 July First 5h 30m pm 17 Loar Forfar, female aged 58 years, parents Robert Adamson carrier (dec) and Margaret Adamson ms Bruce (dec), gangrene of lungs 10 days as cert by William F Murray LRCS Edin, signed David Adamson brother 8 Graham Place Prince's Street Dundee, registered 1872 July 2nd at Forfar signed James Burns registrar.2,3
Last Edited: 15 Apr 2015
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriages 1858 Kirriemuir 299/00 0048 [Sept 2014].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory deaths 1872 Forfar 288/00 0147 [Oct 2010].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS statutory deaths 1855 Kirriemuir 299/00 0136 [Oct 2010].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Kirriemuir; ED: 1; Page: 10; Line: 7; Roll: CSSCT1861_43. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1861 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006. [Sept 2014]
Original data: Scotland. 1861 Scotland Census. Reels 1-150. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland.