F, #11188, b. circa 1820, d. before 1853
- Birth*: Helen Barrie was born circa 1820.1
- Married Name: As of 1 December 1844, her married name was Adamson.1
- Marriage*: She married John Adamson, son of Alexander Adamson and Margaret Grindly, on Sunday, 1 December 1844 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- Death*: Helen Barrie died before 1853.
- (Spouse) Death: Their spouse John Adamson died on 9 December 1874 at Paterson Street, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1874 deaths in the district of St Celment in the burgh of Dundee, ref 796; John Adamson mason operative married to Isabella Wallace, prev to Helen Barrie ur Forfar, 1874 December Nineth 8h 0m am in Paterson Street Dundee, male aged 65 years, parents Alexander Adamson linen weaver (dec) & Margaret Adamson ms Grindlay (dec), cause falling of a scaffolding while engaged at work, sudden death as cert by Peter Young LRCSE, signed William Adamson nephew 9 Rosebank Street [Dundee], registered 1874 December 12 at Dundee Dav Scott registrar.2
Last Edited: 14 Apr 2015
- [S56] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), Scotland, Marriages, 1561-1910, index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTV2-DXM : accessed 06 Nov 2014), John Adamson and Helen Barry, 01 Dec 1844; citing Forfar,Angus,Scotland, reference ; FHL microfilm 993432. [Nov 2014]
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1874 Dundee ref 282/03 0796 image held [Nov 2014].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Forfar; ED: 22; Page: 4; Line: 6; Roll: CSSCT1861_42. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1861 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006. Original data: Scotland. 1861 Scotland Census. Reels 1-150. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Nov 2014]