Jeannie Neave Crighton1
F, #11674, b. 8 August 1890
- Birth*: Jeannie Neave Crighton was born on 8 August 1890 at 54 Princes Street, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1890 births in the district of St Andrew in the burgh of Dundee, ref 1094; Jeannie Neave Crighton, 1890 August Eighth 11h 40m pm, 54 Princes Street Dundee, female, parents John Crighton ship rivitter and Annie Crighton ms MvLauchlan, married 1887 Oct 12th Dundee; signed John Crighton father, registered 1890 August 15th at Dundee T Macdairmid regsitrar.1,3
- She was the daughter of John Crighton and Ann McLauchlan.2
- Married Name: As of 1 June 1923, her married name was Adamson.1
- Marriage*: Jeannie Neave Crighton married John Adamson, son of David Adamson and Jane Tarray, on Friday, 1 June 1923 at London, Middlesex, Ontario, Canada; Affidavit required before License or Certificate is granted by Issuer of Marriage License by Provision of The Marriage Act : John Adamson of the Township of Westminster in the County of Middlesex in the Province of Ontario, occupation Chef, make oath and say as follows: that John adamson has had his usual place of abode within the Province of Ontario for fifteen days immediately preceeding the date of this affidavit. That the facts set forth herein are true to the best of my knowledge and belief, and that there is no affinity, consanguinity, prior marriage or other lawful cause or legal impediment to bar or hinder the solemisation of the marriage.
015717 bridegroom John Adamson, chef, batchelor, 28 years, Presbyterian, residence Westminster Hospital, place of birth Dundee Scotland, intended place of marriage London, Middlesex [Ontario]; bride Jean Neave Chrighton, nurses' helper, spinster, 29 years, Presbyterian, residence 7 Edna St London, place of birth Dundee Scotland; Sworn before me at London in the county of Middlesex this 19th day of May 1923, signed John Adamson, deponent, signed S Baker issuer of marriage licenses at London Ontario, signed Florence Scott deputy. Particulars of Marriage - I certify that I solemnised the mariage of John Adamson and Jean Neave Chrighton in the presence of James Holt 7 Edna London & Betty Gardener Saunders 648 Oxford London at London Middlesex Ontario on the 1st day of June 1923; bridegroom's father David Adamson, maiden name of bridgegroom's mother Jane Paul, bride's father John Crighton, maiden name of bride's mother Annie McLaughlan; signed W R McIntosh person solemnising marriage, London Ont, denomination Presbyterian, registration certificate number 3551; birthpplace of bridegroom's father Kirkcaldy Scotland, birth place of bride's father Forfar Scotland, bridegroom can read read & write, bride can read & write.1
Last Edited: 16 Feb 2016
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation Archives of Ontario; Series: MS932; Reel: 654; Source Information Ancestry.com and Genealogical Research Library (Brampton, Ontario, Canada). Ontario, Canada, Marriages, 1801-1928 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Original data: Ontario, Canada, Select Marriages. Archives of Ontario, Toronto [Oct 2014].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Blairgowrie; ED: 3; Page: 26; Line: 12; Roll: CSSCT1901_116. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1901 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1901 Scotland Census. Reels 1-446. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Mar 2014]
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Birth 1890 Dundee St Andrew 282/04 1094 image held [Feb 2015].