Margaret Stancomb Mann1,2
F, #11798, b. circa 1889
- (Witness) Note for Web: Margaret Stancomb Mann and Nora Jane Campbell and Capt William Campbell Adamson RFC was mentioned with William Shaw Adamson. Adamson, William Shaw (1851-1936), of Careston Castle. Only son of John Adamson (1813-93) and his wife Susan Miller, daughter of Capt. Shaw of Newhall; born 20 November 1851. Educated at Cheltenham College and Edinburgh University. DL and JP for Angus; vice-convener of Angus County Council. He matriculated a coat of arms at the office of Lord Lyon King of Arms, 1900. He married 20 June 1883 Nora Jane (d. 1932), daughter of Rt. Hon. James Alexander Campbell of Stracathro and had issue:
(1) John Alexander Shaw Adamson (b. & d. 1885), died in infancy;
(2) Capt. William Campbell Adamson RFC (1886-1915) (q.v.);
(3) Annie Peto Adamson (1890-1963), born 24 April 1890; m. 1915 Brig-Gen. John Harold Whitworth Becke CMG DSO (d. 1949), son of James Henry Becke of Beckingham (Lincs) and had issue; died 4 November 1963.
He inherited Careston Castle from his father in 1893.
He died 12 March 1936 and was buried at Careston.2
- (Witness) Note for Web: Margaret Stancomb Mann and Lt-Col William John Campbell Adamson and Margaret Josephine Campbell Helme was mentioned with Capt William Campbell Adamson RFC. Adamson, Capt. William Campbell (1886-1915). Only surviving son of William Shaw Adamson (1851-1936) and his wife Nora Jane, daughter of Rt. Hon. James Alexander Campbell of Stracathro, born 5 November 1886. Educated at Fettes College and Trinity Hall, Cambridge. He married 28 May 1913 Margaret Stancombe, daughter of William John Mann JP of Highfield, Trowbridge (Wilts) and had issue:
(1) Lt-Col. William John Campbell Adamson (1914-91) (q.v.)
He was killed in action near Zandvoorde, 5 September 1915, in the lifetime of his father; buried at Harlebeke War Cemetery, Belgium.2
- Birth*: Margaret Stancomb Mann was born circa 1889.1
- Married Name: As of circa 1913, her married name was Adamson.1
- Marriage*: She married Capt William Campbell Adamson RFC, son of William Shaw Adamson and Nora Jane Campbell, on Wednesday, 28 May 1913.1,2
Last Edited: 16 Apr 2015