M, #12519, b. say 1870
- Birth*: Charles Guthrie was born say 1870.1
- Marriage*: He married Matilda Neave, daughter of Richard Neave and Elizabeth Ormond, on Wednesday, 10 January 1894 at 9 Green Street, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1894 marriages in the district of Forfar in the burgh of Forfar, ref 10; 1894 on the tenth day of January at 9 Green Street Forfar after publication according to the forms of the Free Church of Scotland, signed Charles Guthrie grocer & wine merchant bachelor aged 24 residing 19 Wellington Street Dundee, parents Charles Guthrie farmer & Ann Guthrie ms McDonald; signed Matilda Neave milliner spinster age 34 residing 9 Green Street Forfar, parents Ritchie Neave church officer (dec) & Elizabeth Neave ms Ormond; signed Alex Cumming minister Free Church Forfar, Isabella Brown, David P McKenzie witnesses; registered 1894 January 10th at Forfar W H Thomson registrar.1
- (Informant) Birth: Charles Guthrie registered the birth of Matilda Neave Guthrie on 7 October 1897 at 57 Dallfield Terrace, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1897 births in the district of St Clement in the burgh of Dundee ref 713; Matilda Neave Guthrie born 1897 October seventh 1h 40m am 27 Dallfield Terrace Dundee, female parents Charles Guthrie wine merchant & Matilda Guthrie ms Neave, m 1894 January 10 Forfar, signed Charles Guthrie father present, registered 1897 October 27 at Dundee signed Dav Scott registrar.2
Last Edited: 29 Jun 2016
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1894 Forfar image held ref 288/0A 0010 [Aug 2015].
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Birth 1897 Dundee St Clement ref 282/03 0713 image held [Aug 2015].
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) 1901 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription, URL of this page: http://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=gbc%2f1901%2f0034983336 [Jun 2016].