F, #1287, b. 8 November 1866, d. 5 November 1948
- Birth*: Betsy Low was born on 8 November 1866 at Auchtergaven, Perthshire, Scotland.
- She was the daughter of Robert Low and Janet Gray.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Betsy Low married Charles Milne Miller, son of James Miller and Janet Milne, on 3 July 1891 at 12 Clarendon Terrace, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1891 marriages in the district of St Peter in the burgh of Dundee, ref 132; 1891 on the third day of July at 12 Clarendon Terrace Dundee after publication according to the forms of the U P Church; signed Charles M Miller hacklemaker bachelor aged 27 residing 166 Scouringburn Dundee, parents James Miller warehouseham (dec) and Janet Miller ms Mill; signed Betsey Low jute weaver spinster aged 24 residing 32 Main Street Dundee, parents Robert Low bookmaker (dec) and Janet Low ms Gray (dec); signed John Reid MA minister Tay Square Church Dundee, signed John White & Jessie Miller witnesses; registered 1891 July 7th at Dundee Dav Young assist registrar.1
- Married Name: As of 3 July 1891, her married name was Miller.1
- (Deceased) Death*: Betsy Low died on 5 November 1948 at Sheherd's Buildings, Abernethy, Perthshire, Scotland, at age 81 1948 deaths in the district of Abernethy in the county of Perth, ref 9; Betsy Miller married to Charles Miller hacklemaker retires, 1948 November fifth 0h 45m am Shepherd's Buildings Abernethy, female aged 82 years, parents Robert Low constable (dec) and Janet Low ms Gray (dec); congestive heart failure as certified William L Tullis MD Newburgh; signed Charles Miller sidower present; registered 1948 November 5th at Abernethy George Ritchie registrar.2
- (Spouse) Death: Her spouse Charles Milne Miller died on 7 November 1951 at Maryfield Hospital, Dundee, Angus, Scotland; 1951 deaths in the distrtict of St Andrew in the burgh of Dundee, ref 702, Charles Milne Miller hacklemaker retired widower of Betsy Low, 1951 November seventh 8h 0m pm Maryfield Hospital Dundee ur 28 Barnes Avenue, male aged 87 years, parents James Miller jute warehouseman (dec) and Janet Miller ms Milne (dec), fractures of nineth rib on the right, fracture of the symphysis pubis, traumatic shock as cert by Matthew H Robertson MBChB, signed R M Low nephew 28 Barnes Avenue Dundee, registered 1951 November 8th at Dundee Norman Steele registrar.3
Last Edited: 25 Jun 2017
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory marriages 1891 St Peter Dundee ref 0132 image held [June 2004].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory death 1948 Abernethy Perthshire ref 9 image held [Sep 2011].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS statutory death 1951 St Andrew Dundee ref 702 image held [June 2004].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Liff and Benvie; ED: 19; Page: 2; Line: 7; Roll: CSSCT1901_94; Year: 1901. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1901 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1901 Scotland Census. Reels 1-446. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Sep 2011]