- Birth*: Mary Ellen Lintern was born circa 11 March 1877 at Oamaru, Otago, New Zealand.1
- She was the daughter of Samuel Lintern and Anne Mary Gibbons.1
- Name-Married: As of 18 June 1912,her married name was Rae.1
- Marriage*: Mary Ellen Lintern married Thomas Rae on Tuesday, 18 June 1912 at Registrar's Office, Wellington, New Zealand; Mary was a 34 year-old spinster when she married 54 year-old widower Thomas; his first wife had died six months previously. Interestingly on their marriage certificate, Mary's mother 'Hannah' is noted as Anne Mary Lintern, previously CROOKS. We know Hannah's maiden name was GIBBONS. Marriage witnesses: Samuel LINTERN & Hannah LINTERN (Mary'sparents).
The informant on Hannah's death certificate stated her mother's maiden name to have been CROOKES [sic].2,1
- Death*: Mary Ellen Lintern died on 2 December 1963 at Victoria, Australia.1,3
- [S123] LGB, Tait Gear & related surnames in "GEDCOM from LGB via FB", listserve message to Facebook, 2015. Printout dated 11/11/2015, [Nov 2015]. Hereinafter cited as GEDCOM LGB.
- [S98] Unknown name of person, unknown record type (unknown file date), unknown repository, unknown repository address.
- [S40] Death reg no 25333 from JH [Oct 2016].
Mary Ellen Lintern1
Mother*: Anne Mary Gibbons1 b. 24 Jun 1847, d. 15 Mar 1927