- Occupation*: John was weaver; professional soldier; sawyer.2,1
- Birth*: He was born between 1794 and 1799 at Errigal (Argylasle), near Garvagh, Derry, Ireland; Arigal.2,1
- Marriage*: He married Mary Dunn, daughter of Thomas Dunn and Margaret Campbell, in 1819 at Belfast, Antrim, Ireland.1
- Death*: John MacPIKE died on 12 August 1874 at Onehunga, Auckland, New Zealand; Informant: W Brimner, Carter of Onehunga. Unknown GEDCOM info: constriction of the osephagus.3,1
- [S123] LGB, Tait Gear & related surnames in "GEDCOM from LGB via FB", listserve message to Facebook, 2015. Printout dated 11/11/2015, [Nov 2015]. Hereinafter cited as GEDCOM LGB.
- [S95] Unknown name of person, unknown record type (unknown file date), unknown repository, unknown repository address.
- [S73] Unknown name of person, unknown record type (unknown file date), unknown repository, unknown repository address.
Cornelius MacPIKE1 b. c 1826, d. 19 Jun 1851
James MacPIKE1 b. 12 Dec 1828, d. 11 Mar 1905
Margaret MacPIKE+1 b. 1831, d. 18 May 1903
Mary Jane MacPIKE1 b. c 1832, d. 21 Jul 1848
Catherine MacPIKE1 b. c 1834, d. 27 Sep 1911
Ellen MacPIKE+1 b. 23 Aug 1836, d. 6 Apr 1888