F, #14538, b. 26 August 1857, d. 23 August 1906
- Birth*: Ann McIntosh was born on 26 August 1857 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; First name(s) Ann
Last name Mc Intosh Or Boath
Birth year 1857
Birth place Forfar,Angus,Scotland
Baptism year -
Baptism date -
Baptism place -
Father's first name(s) Robert
Father's last name Mc Intosh
Mother's first name(s) Elisabeth
Mother's last name Boath
County Forfarshire (Angus)
Record set Scotland Births & Baptisms 1564-1950
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Births & baptisms
Collections from Great Britain.1,2,3
- Married Name: As of 4 August 1881, her married name was Neave.1
- Marriage*: She married David Neave, son of George Neave and Jean Annandale, on Thursday, 4 August 1881 at 13 Newmonthill, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1881 Marriages in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, ref 80; 1881 on the Fourth day of August at 13 Newmonthill Forfar after banns according to the forms of the Church of Scotland; signed David Neave lapper linen factory bachelor, aged 25, residing 17 Newmonthill Forfar, parents George Neave shoemaker journeyman and Jane Neave MS Annandale (dec); signed Ann McIntosh weaver linen factory spinster aged 21 residing 13 Newmonthill Forfar, parents Robert McIntosh mason journeyman and Elizabeth Boath linen weaver (now married to David Young joiner); signed John Weir AM minister of the parish of St James Forfar, signed Allan Young, Lizzie Young witnesses; registered 1881 August 8th at Forfar signed W H Thomson registrar.4,5
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: Ann McIntosh is commemorated on the headstone erected by Isabel Calder in February 1862 at Newmonthill Cemetery, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland. McIntosh, Annie Neave 25 August 1906 Inscription reads Erected by Isabella Calder in memory of her husband David Neave who died 16th Febry 1876 aged 76 years; the above Isabella Calder died 3rd July 1881 aged 81 years
McIntosh, Annie Neave 25 August 1906
Neave, George 12 October 1883
Neave, Isabella 13 July 1878
Neave, David 19 February 1876
Langlands, William 03 May 1870
Fenton, Baby 07 January 1867
Annandale, Jean Neave 15 February 1862.6,7
- Death*: Ann McIntosh died on 23 August 1906 at 64 East High Street, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 48; 1906 deaths in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, ref 139; Ann Neave, married to David Neave factory worker, illegitimate; died 1906 August Twenty-third 10h 30m pm at 64 East High Street Forfar; female aged 49 years, parents Robert McIntosh mason (dec) and Elizabeth Boath afterward married to David Young wood carver; died of carcinoma of bowel as cert by J Cable LRCP, signed Alexander McLean son in law 166 East High Street Forfar, registered 1906 August 24th at Forfar signed W H Thomson registrar.1
Last Edited: 25 Apr 2017
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Stautory Death 1906 Forfar ref 288/1 139 [Feb 2017].
- [S56] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950, database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org
/ark:/61903/1:1:XYRN-9P8 : 2 January 2015), Ann Mc Intosh Or Boath, 26 Aug 1857; citing
FORFAR,ANGUS,SCOTLAND, reference ; FHL microfilm 6,035,516. [Feb 2017]
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) Scotland Births and Bap_sms 1564-1950 Transcription URL of this page: http://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=r_693823265 [Feb 2017].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Statutory Death 1906 Forfar ref 288/1 139 [Feb 2017].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1881 Forfar ref 288/80 [Feb 2017].
- [S43] PCC Photographs, Lair ref F/156/3 [Sep 2010].
- [S62] Website Deceased online (www.deceasedonline.com) interment details; authority Angus Council; cemetery Newmonthill; grave reference F/156/3 [Feb 2017].