- Birth*: Thomas Grant Lawson was born on 9 July 1852 at Coupar Angus, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- He was the son of Thomas Lawson and Mary Butchart.1
- Marriage*: Thomas Grant Lawson married Elizabeth McDonald circa 1870.2
- (Informant) Death: Thomas Grant Lawson registered the death of Mary Butchart Lawson on 19 January 1901 at George Street, Coupar Angus, Perthshire, Scotland; 1901 deaths in the district of Coupar Angus in the county of Perth, ref 4; Mary Butchart Lawson single; died 1901 January Nineteenth -h -m pm at - George Street Coupar Angus; female age 53 years, parents Thomas Lawson builder (dec) and Mary Lawson ms Butchart (dec); cause cancer of the spine paralysis as certified by John Lowe MBCM, signed Thoas G Lawson brother, 11 Tullideph Road Dundee, registered 1901 January 20th at Coupar Angus signed Robert K Macintyre registrar.1,3
- (Deceased) Death*: Thomas Grant Lawson died on 3 February 1916 at Marrbank Nursing Home, Paradise Road, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 63 1916 deaths in the district of St Clement in the burgh of Dundee, ref 36; Thomas Grant Lawson preperty agent married to Elizabeth McDonald, died 1916 February Third 7h 10m am at Nursing Home Marrbank Paradise Road (UR 1 Gowrie Street) Dundee, male aged 63 years, parents Thomas Lawson builder (dec) and Mary Lawson ms Butchart (dec); cause operation for removal of enlarged prostate gland as cert by H M McHoul MB; signed John W Lawson son Cairndhu Tayport; registered 1916 February 3rd at Dundee signed Alex Buchan registrar.1,4
- [S40] ED [June 2017].
- [S56] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, "Pedigree Resource File," database, FamilySearch
(https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/2:2:3ZQD-VCT : accessed 2017-07-16), entry for Thomas
/Lawson/ [Jun 2017].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1901 Coupar Angus 341/B 4 image held [June 2017].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Statutory Death 1916 Dundee St Clement 282/3 36 image held [June 2017].
Thomas Grant Lawson1
Mother*: Mary Butchart1 b. 10 Feb 1812, d. 5 May 1891