F, #14952, b. circa 1849
- Birth*: Mary Gray was born circa 1849 at Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- Married Name: As of 6 December 1872, her married name was Christie.1
- Marriage*: She married Andrew Christie, son of David Christie and Esther Kydd, on Friday, 6 December 1872 at Burnside, Murroes, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1872 marriages in the parish of Murroes in the county of Forfar, ref 3; 1872 on the sixth day pf December at Burnside after banns according to the forms of the Church of Scotland; signed Andrew Christie ploughman bachelor, aged 23, residing Dundee, parents David Christie farm servant and Hester Christie ms Kyd; signed Mary Gray domestic servant spinster, aged 22, residing Burnside parish of Murroes, parents Peter Gray blacksmith and Marjory Gry ms Keith; signed John Boyd minister of Murroes, signed James Thomson witness, Jessie Kermath witness; registered 1872 December 9th at Murroes signed W Malcolm registrar.1
- (Witness) Marriage: Mary Gray witnessed the marriage of Mary Clark and James Christie in December 1909 at St Margaret's Church, Barnhill, Broughty Ferry, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1910 marriages in the parish of Monifieth in the county of Forfar, ref 4; 1909 on the Thirty first day of December at St margaret's Church Barnhill Broughty Ferry after publication according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland; signed James Christie car conductor bachelor, aged 32, residing Milton Monifieth, parents Andrerw Christie carter (dec) and Mary Christie ms Gray; signed Mary Clark flax preparer spinster, aged 20, rsiding Milton Monifieth, parents Charles Clark railway surfaceman and Annie Claark ms Will; signed T N Adamson minister of the parish of Staint Margaret Barnhill, signed A Lilburn witness, Mary Christie witness, registered 1910 January 3rd at Broughty Ferry signed Robert Morrison registrar.2
Last Edited: 15 Jul 2017
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1872 Murroes 313/3 image held
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Statutory Marriage 1910 Monifieth ref 310/ 4 image held [June 2017].