- Birth*: David Guthrie Shiell was born on 25 November 1868 at Brechin, Forfarshire, Scotland.
- He was the son of John Shiell and Susan Lyall Guthrie.
- (Groom) Marriage*: David Guthrie Shiell married Catherine Mabel Glassford circa 1890.
- (Informant) Death: David Guthrie Shiell registered the death of John Shiell on 21 June 1912 at Latch Road, Brechin, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1912 deaths in the district of Brechin in the county of Forfar, ref 74; John Shiell, Solicitor before Supreme Court, married to Susan Lyall Guthrie, died 1912 June Twenty-first 11h 0m pm Latch Road Brechin, male aged 70, parents William Shiell Clerk of Session (dec) and Mary Russell (dec), cause senile decay, syncope, as certified by LB Adams MD; signed David G Shiell, son, Dalhousie Lodge, Edzell, regsitered 1912 June 22nd at Brechin Chas V Mills registrar.1
- (Deceased) Death*: David Guthrie Shiell died on 22 March 1914 at Balhousie Lodge, Edzell, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 45 Solicitor, 45, married to Catherine Mabel Glassford, septic pneumonia, inf Charles M R Shiell son Trinity College Glenalmond.
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1912 Brechin, ref 74.
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census.
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Ancestry.com. 1901 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007.
Original data: Scotland. 1901 Scotland Census. Reels 1-446. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Jan 2011]
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) Findmypast [Jun 2010].
David Guthrie Shiell
Mother*: Susan Lyall Guthrie b. c 1840, d. a 28 Aug 1914