M, #1858, b. 1851
- Birth*: George Stewart was born in 1851 at Edinburgh, Scotland.1
- He was the son of John Stewart and Clarinda Sword.
- (Witness) Marriage: George Stewart witnessed the marriage of Robert Davidson Nicholson and Margaret Combs Sword on Friday, 7 August 1874 at 11 Craigie Street, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1874 Marriages in the district of St Andrew in burgh of Dundee, page 120, ref 239; 1874 on the seventh day of August at 11 Craigie Street Dundee after banns according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland; Robert Davidson Nicolson, engine fitter journeyman, batchelor, aged 21, 3 Crescent Street Dundee, father Robert Davidson Nicolson, engine fitter journeyman, mother Jessie Nicolson ms Worrall; Margaret Sword, powerloom weaver, spinster, aged 20, 11 Craigie Street Dundee, father Charles Sword, iron moulder journeyman, mother Mary Sword ms Combs; signed Archibald Bell minister, witnesses George Stewart, Helen Sword; registered 1874 August 10th at Dundee F Macdonald registrar.2
- (Groom) Marriage*: George Stewart married Janet Watson circa 1875; cutler and gun maker.1
Last Edited: 22 Feb 2013
- [S40] From JM [July 2005].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriages 1874 St Andrew Dundee 282/.../239 [Dec 2004].