F, #2135, b. circa 1819, d. 1 September 1884
- Birth*: Barbara Japp was born circa 1819.
- (Bride) Marriage*: She married Duncan McInroy, son of John McInroy and Janet Air, on 26 June 1842 at Dunnichen, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- Married Name: As of 26 June 1842, her married name was McInroy.
- (Deceased) Death*: Barbara Japp died on 1 September 1884 from MI.2
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: She is commemorated on the headstone erected by Duncan McInroy in 1884 at Dunnichen Churchyard, Dunnichen, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads tall obelisk with cross at top; four branches of the family are recorded, one on each face;
East face - erected/ by/ Duncan McInroy Letham/ and family/ in memory of his wife/ and their beloved mother/ Barbara Japp,/ who died 1st Sept 1884 aged 66 years/ and the above Duncan McInroy/ who died 12th Feb 1895 aged 75 years/ John McInroy eldest son/ died at Dundee 6th May 1924 aged 75 years/ interred there;
South face - in Memoriam/ Sarah Barbara/ infant daughter of William McInroy/ and Sarah Christie his wife/ died 14th Jan 1888./ the above/ William McInroy JP/ who died at Bathurst Letham/ 22nd Oct 1936, aged 82 years/ and the above/ Sarah Christie/ died 30th Dec 1944/ aged 95 years// Annie Christie/ eldest daughter of the above/ died 20th November 1963 aged 79;
North face - Henry Flight McInroy/ beloved husband of/ Mary Jane Ramsay/ died at Bangor, N Wales/ 29th Octr 1922/ interred there;
West face - Robert McInroy/ in loving memory of/ my dear wife/ Maggie Adamson/ who died 15th Jan 1923/ aged 66 years/ and Robert McInroy/ who died at Middle Farm Bampton/ 10th June 1936 aged 77 years.2
Dunnichen Churchyard Robert McInroy Maggie Adamson
Last Edited: 15 Aug 2015
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), M112834 [Jan 2009].
- [S43] PCC photos held [Apr 2009].
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census FHL Film 0203491 GRO ref vol 283 Enum Distr 2 page 3.