F, #2479, b. 15 August 1839
- Birth*: Sarah Clark was born on 15 August 1839 at Marywell, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- She was the daughter of John Clark and Lilias Cameron.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Sarah Clark married Robert Walker Pitkethly, son of John Pitkethly and Helen McNaughton, on 14 November 1859 at Newburgh Manse, Newburgh, Fife, Scotland; from Irene Pollands Hall Jan 2006; Marriage registration #8 for 1859 in Newburgh; On 14 November 1859 at Newburgh manse; Robert Pitkethly, age 27, residing Newburgh, linen weaver, bachelor, son of John Pitkethly, stone mason, deceased, and Helen Pitkethly MS McNaughton, deceased was married to Sarah Clark, age 23, residing Mt. Pleasant, parish of Abdie, linen weaver, spinster, daughter of James Clark, forester, and Helen Clark MS McGregor, deceased; Witnesses were George Fotheringham and Agnes Clark.
- Married Name: As of 14 November 1859, her married name was Pitkethly.
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: Sarah Clark is commemorated on the headstone erected after 24 January 1943 at Newburgh Cemetery, Newburgh, Fife, Scotland. Inscription reads ref 216 Helen Pitkethly daughter of Robert & Sarah died 24.1.1943.2
Last Edited: 30 Sep 2011
- [S40] From Flora Rookes [Aug 2010].
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) Rootsweb SCT-FIFE-L archives Norval [Feb 2008].