F, #2770, b. circa 1810, d. 19 September 1879
- Birth*: Janet Conway was born circa 1810 at Ireland.1
- She was the daughter of Hugh Conway and Jane Carson.
- Married Name: As of circa 1832, her married name was McClenaghen.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Janet Conway married James McClenaghen, son of James McClenaghen and Janet Carson, circa 1832 at Ireland.2
- (Deceased) Death*: Janet Conway died on 19 September 1879 at Monkton, Ayrshire, Scotland, 1879 deaths in the parish of Monkton & Prestwick in the county of Ayr, ref 34; Janet McClenaghen married to James McClenaghen grocer, 1879 September ninetweenth 9h 30m am, Monkton; female 69 years, parents Hugh Conway farmer (dec) and Janet Conway ms Carson (dec); pleurisy, effusion in chest, unknown duration as cert by Wm Alexander MD; signed Hugh McClenaghen son; reg 1879 22nd Sept at Prestwick Hugh Boyd registrar.3
- (Spouse) Death: Her spouse James McClenaghen died on 15 July 1890 at Monkton, Ayrshire, Scotland; 1890 deaths in the parish of Monkton & Prestwick in the county of Ayr, ref 18; James McClenaghen grocer widower of Janet Conway; 1890 July fifteenth 4h 15m am Monkton, male aged 80 years parents James McClenaghen weaver (dec) and Janet McClenaghen ms Carson (dec); cause cistitis chronic as cert by J Dodd MB; signed Hugh McClenaghen son; 1890 18th July at Prestwick Hugh Boyd registrar.4,5
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: Janet Conway is commemorated on the headstone erected by James McClenaghen circa 1880 at Monkton Churchyard, Ayrshire, Scotland. Inscription reads Erected by James McClenaghan grocer Monkton in memory of his wife Janet Conway d 19 Sep 1879 aged 70; also his mother Janet Carson d 5 May 1870 aged 90; the above James McClenaghan d 15 Jul 1890 aged 80.5
Last Edited: 21 Dec 2011
- [S13] Website FreeCEN UK Census Online Project (http://www.freecen.org.uk/) Piece: SCT1851/606 Place: Ayr -Ayrshire Enumeration District: 1 Civil Parish: Monkton Ecclesiastical Parish, Village or Island: Monkton Folio: 0 Page: 3 Schedule: 12 Address: Monkton Village.
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Monkton and Prestwick; ED: 1; Page: 16; Line: 3; Roll: 1164; Year: 1851. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1851 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006. Original data: Scotland. 1851 Scotland Census. Reels 1-217. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Mar 2006]
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory deaths 1879 Monkton [Mar 2006].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS statutory deaths 1890 Monkton 606/00 0018[Mar 2006].
- [S45] Monumental inscription (Monkton, Ayrshire) Monkton Churchyard Monumental Inscriptions pub Troon & Distrtict FHS Dec 1993 ISBN 0 9522292 5 0 ref 21.
- [S13] Website FreeCEN UK Census Online Project (http://www.freecen.org.uk/) Piece: SCT1841/616 Place: Stewarton -Ayrshire Enumeration District: 17 Civil Parish: Stewarton Ecclesiastical Parish, Village or Island: Folio: 0 Page: 12 Address: Vennal Street.
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Census 1861 Monkton image held [Mar 2006].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Census 1871 Monkton image held [Mar 2006].