- Birth*: Janet McClenaghen was born on 7 July 1859 at High Church, Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland.1
- She was the daughter of Hugh McClenaghen and Janet Watson.
- (Deceased) Death*: Janet McClenaghen died on 22 May 1887 at Camelon, Falkirk, Stirlingshire, Scotland, at age 27 1887 deaths in the landward district of Falkirk in the county of Falkirk, ref 50; Janet McClenaghen domestic servant single; 1887 May twenty second 7h 45m pm Camelon Falkirk; female aged 27 years, parents Hugh McClenaghen pattern fitter and Janet McClenaghen ms Watson; cause pulmonary phthisis as cert by M Paterson MD; signed Hugh McClenaghen father present; reg 1887 May 14th at Falkirk Thos Gentles registrar.2
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), [Mar 2006].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory deaths 1887 Falkirk ref 50 [Mar 2006].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Census 1861 Paisley High Church image held [Mar 2006].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Paisley High Church; ED: 24; Page: 20; Line: 1; Roll: CSSCT1861_80; Year: 1861. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1861 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006. Original data: Scotland. 1861 Scotland Census. Reels 1-150. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Aug 2011]
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Census 1871 Monkton image held [Mar 2006].
Mother*: Janet Watson b. 8 Jul 1832, d. 8 Apr 1902