M, #3260, b. 7 December 1803, d. 6 June 1856
- Birth*: George Burnet was born on 7 December 1803 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; LDS Aug 2006.
- He was the son of Alexander Burnet and Agnes Strang.
- (Deceased) Death*: George Burnet died on 6 June 1856 at South Street, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 52 cert held: 1856 deaths in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, Burnet George linen hand loom weaver single, 1856 June sixth 0h 50m pm South Street Forfar, m, 50 years, Alexander Burnet shoemaker master (dec) Agnes Burnet ms Strang (dec), pulmonary consumption for upwards of ... years as cert by William Steel MD who saw dec 9 June 1856, New Cemetery Forfar as cert by James Esplin undertaker, William Burnet nephew present.
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: He is commemorated on the headstone erected on 7 July 1863 at Forfar Cemetery #49, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads Wm Burnett accidentally killed at Tain 7.7.1863 36, fa Alex 13.1.1838 36, uncle Geo Burnett 9.6.1856 50, two chn d inf, da Nancy 6.3.1886, 23, da Jessie 8.7.1891 3 5, w Margt Smith 3.7.1909 76.1
Last Edited: 4 Sep 2008
- [S42] Alison Mitchell ed. Monumental Inscriptions pre-1855 Angus Strathmore vol 1, Scottish Genealogy Society, Edinburgh, first ed (1979, reprint 1993 & 1996) 0 901061 20 4 from MI at Forfar Cemetery (Angus pre-1855 MI ed Mitchell).