- Birth*: Lyall Guthrie Shiell was born circa 1885 at Brechin, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- He was the son of John Shiell and Susan Lyall Guthrie.
- Milit-Beg*: Lyall Guthrie Shiell began military service on 29 August 1914 at RGA, Newhaven, England.2
- Marriage*: He married Stella Marguerite Burns, daughter of Andrew William Burns, on Saturday, 9 August 1919 at St Mary, Kilburn, Camden, London, England.3
- (Deceased) Death*: Lyall Guthrie Shiell died between July 1972 and September 1972 at Surrey, England.4
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), [Oct 2006].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Ancestry.com. British Army WWI Service Records, 1914-1920 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008.
War Office: Soldiers’ Documents, First World War ‘Burnt Documents’ (Microfilm Copies); (The National Archives Microfilm Publication WO363); Records created or inherited by the War Office, Armed Forces, Judge Advocate General, and related bodies; The National Archives of the UK (TNA), Kew, Surrey, England. [Jan 2011]
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) London Metropolitan Archives, Saint Mary, Kilburn, Register of marriages, P81/MRY, Item 010 [Jan 2011].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Ancestry.com. England & Wales, Death Index: 1916-2005 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007.
Original data: General Register Office. England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes. London, England: General Register Office. © Crown copyright. Published by permission of the Controller of HMSO and the Office for National Statistics. You must not copy on, transfer or reproduce records without the prior permission of ONS. Indexes created by the General Register Office, in London, England.
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland.
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) from 1911 census findmypast [Jun 2010].
Lyall Guthrie Shiell
Mother*: Susan Lyall Guthrie b. c 1840, d. a 28 Aug 1914