F, #4612, b. 1 May 1868
- Birth*: Elizabeth McDonald was born on 1 May 1868 at Monifieth, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- She was the daughter of David McDonald and Elspeth Robertson.
- Married Name: As of 25 June 1895, her married name was Millar.2
- (Bride) Marriage*: Elizabeth McDonald married Peter Millar on 25 June 1895 at The Lodge, Montpelier, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1895 marriages in the district of St Andrew in the burgh of Dundee. ref 194; 1895 on the twenty-fifth day of June at The Lodge, Montpelier, Parish of Dundee after publication according to the forms of the Free Church of Scotland; signed Peter Lillar brewer's traveller bachelor, 28, 133 King Street Broughty Ferry, parents Robert Millar ploughman retired and Helen Millar ms Webster (dec); signed Elizabeth Macdonald domestic servant spinster, 27, The Lodge Montpelier Parish of Dundee, parents David Macdonald gardener (DS) and Elspeth Macdonald ms Robertson (dec); signed G Emslie Troup West Free Church Broughty Ferry, signed David Sime, Jessie McDonald witnesses; registered 1895 June 27thg at Dundee Jas Murray registrar.2,3
- (Informant) Death: Elizabeth Millar registered the death of Sarah Key on 25 December 1934 at 6 Lawson Place, Dundee, Angus, Scotland; 1934 deaths in the district of St Clement in the burgh of Dundee, ref 996; Sarah Key McDonald formerly Key dressmaker single, 1934 Decemebr twenty fifth 10h 30m pm 6 Lawson Place Dundee, female aged 63 years, parents no father stated, mother Sarah Key domestic servant afterwards married to David McDonald gardener (de), carcinoma mammal secondary carcinoma of lung as cert by J Gordon Clark MBChB, informant Elizabeth Millar step sister 20 Dronley Terrace Muihead of Liff, registrar 1934 December 27th at Dundee W H Phillip registrar.4
Last Edited: 9 Mar 2015
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), [Oct 2008].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Liff and Benvie; ED: 31; Page: 7; Source Citation: Parish: Dundee; ED: 5; Page: 5; Line: 14; Roll: CSSCT1901_96; Year: 1901. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1901 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1901 Scotland Census. Reels 1-446. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Nov 2011]
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory marriage 1895 St Andrew Dundee 282/01 0194 [Nov 2011].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory death 1934 St Clement Dundee ref 282/02 0996 [Nov 2011].
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census FHS Film # 0203496 GRO ref vol 310 enum dist 6 page 19.