F, #5201, b. circa 1803, d. 27 February 1886
- (Witness) Note for Web: Helen Guthrie and Robert Taylor, Alexander Guthrie and Jean Miller was mentioned with William Guthrie. William was a workman at Mains of Errol.
At the time of the 1841 census, he was living in the parish of Kinfauns. Living with him were his daughter Helen, and her three children, Robert, Alexander, and Jean. At the time of the 1851 census, these same people were living together at Garry Cottage, Barnhill, Kinnoull Parish, Perthshire.
William was a terrific age when he died: 97. What he was doing on Whytock's land is anyone's guess; if he was still working, he must have been a very strong man.1
- Occupation: Helen was dress maker; charwoman.1
- Birth*: She was born circa 1803 at Dunbarney, Perthshire, Scotland.2,1
- She was the daughter of William Guthrie and Jean Tait.
- Death*: Helen Guthrie died on 27 February 1886 at 5 Gowrie Street, Kinnoull, Perthshire, Scotland; Helen died at home. Informant: Isabella Smith Edwards MILNE (daughter of Helen's daughter Jane MILNE).1,2
Last Edited: 16 Apr 2016
- [S123] LGB, Tait Gear & related surnames in "GEDCOM from LGB via FB", listserve message to Facebook, 2015. Printout dated 11/11/2015, [Nov 2015]. Hereinafter cited as GEDCOM LGB.
- [S40] From CFmsM [Mar 2010].