M, #5320, b. circa 1870
- Birth*: John Broadfoot was born circa 1870; a guess [Mar 2010].
- Name Variation: As of circa 1870, John Broadfoot was also known as Jack.1
- (Groom) Marriage: He married Margaret Guthrie Alexander, daughter of Thomas Fraser Alexander and Isabel McLean, in 1906.1,2
- (Officiating Clergy) Marriage: John Broadfoot officiated at the marriage of Edward Henry Gear and Margaret Guthrie Kidd on Tuesday, 10 August 1909 at residence of William Kidd, Millerton, Buller, New Zealand; Henry was a 22 year-old bachelor & blacksmith born in Westport and residing in Millerton. Margaret was an 18 year-old spinster with no listed profession, born in Brunnerton and residing in Millerton. Married by certificate. Both signed their names. Marriage witnesses: James BROWN (storekeeper at Millerton), Myrtle KENNEDY (domestic duties) & William KIDD (Margaret’s father).3,2,1
August 9th 1909, Millerton, New Zealand. Wedding of Margaret Guthrie Kidd and Edward Henry Gear.
Wedding party L-R : William Esau Kidd (with unknown best man seated in front), Isabella Kidd aged 20, Margaret Guthrie Kidd, bride aged 18, Edward Henry Gear, groom aged 22, Elizabeth Ann McQueen Kidd aged 11, Ann McQueen Kidd, mother of the bride aged 42, on her knee Fred Fox aged 2, Frances Fox nee Kidd aged 22, Margaret Guthrie Broadfoot, sister of the mother of the bride aged 39, Thomas Alexander aged 84, Jack Broadfoot holding his son Johnny, Thomas Alexander Kidd aged 21, Albert Kidd aged 15 seated on ground. Unfortunately the father of the bride, William Kidd, was standing at the extreme left hand side, but the photographer had his thumb over the lens and William Kidd was blotted out!
Last Edited: 12 Apr 2016
- [S40] From CFmsM [Mar 2010].
- [S123] LGB, Tait Gear & related surnames in "GEDCOM from LGB via FB", listserve message to Facebook, 2015. Printout dated 11/11/2015, [Nov 2015]. Hereinafter cited as GEDCOM LGB.
- [S98] Unknown name of person, unknown record type (unknown file date), unknown repository, unknown repository address.