- Birth*: Mary Stevenson Anderson was born on 28 June 1898 at Cumnock Street, Beith, Ayrshire, Scotland; cert held; Mary Stevenson Anderson; James Anderson builder master, Jane Anderson ms Conway 1895 November 6th Beith; James Anderson father present.
- She was the daughter of James Stevenson Anderson and Jane Conway.
- (Witness) Marriage: Mary Stevenson Anderson witnessed the marriage of Frank Metcalf Dixon and Annie Mackie Anderson on Saturday, 15 September 1923 at Grand Hotel, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland; 1923 marriages in the distrtict of Hillhead in the burgh of Glasgow, ref 300; 1923 on the Fifthteen day of September at Grand Hotel Glasgow after banns acording to the forms of the United Free Church of Scotland; Frank Metcalf Dixon schoolmaster bachelor, 35, Grove House Crieff, John Dixon tobacconist retired, Louise Dixon ms Metcalf; Annie Mackie Anderson spinster, 26, Craigwell Beith, James Anderson inspector of poor & registrar, Jane Anderson ms Conway; James Ewart Henderson minister of Untd Church Beith, Charles Frederick Dixon 43 Arbington Street Mull (Hull?), Mary Stevenson Anderson Craigwell Beith; registered 1923 September 20th at Glasgow ... Houston registrar.1
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: Mary Stevenson Anderson is commemorated on the headstone erected by James Stevenson Anderson in 1891 at Beith Cemetery, Beith, Ayrshire, Scotland. Inscription reads Erected by James Anderson in memory of his father William Anderson, Builder, Beith who died 30th April 1891 aged 55 years
and of his mother Mary Stevenson who died ... May [1911?] aged [78?] years
and of his beloved wife Jane Conway who died 5th February 1948 aged 77 years
The above James Anderson JP died 11th February 1952 in his 88th year.
on the plinth :
Also their daughter Mary Stevenson Anderson died 25th April 1974 aged 78 years.2
- (Deceased) Death*: Mary Stevenson Anderson died on 25 April 1974 at Beith, Ayrshire, Scotland, at age 75.
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory marriages 1923 Hillhead, Glasgow ref 300 image held [Mar 2006].
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , PCC [May 2004].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Beith; ED: 6; Page: 31; Line: 3; Roll: CSSCT1901_220; Year: 1901. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1901 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1901 Scotland Census. Reels 1-446. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Aug 2011]
Mary Stevenson Anderson
Mother*: Jane Conway b. 27 Dec 1870, d. 5 Feb 1948