Florence Mary Atkins1
F, #5527, b. 1 March 1889, d. 9 May 1961
- Name Variation: Florence Mary Atkins was also known as Nicholls.1
- Birth*: She was born on 1 March 1889 at Lewisham, Kent, England.2,1
- She was the daughter of John Atkins.1
- (Bride) Marriage*: Florence Mary Atkins married Edwin Murray Nicolson, son of George Nicolson and Isabella Murray, circa 1906.2
- Married Name: As of circa 1906, her married name was Nicolson.2
- (Head of Household) Register 1939*: She was listed as head of household in the 1939 Register at 206 Snowdrop Road, Bexley, Kent, England. Florence (Mary) Nicholson (Nicholls,Atkins) 01 Mar 1889 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 166 5; also in the household was John Atkins.1
- (Spouse) Death: Her spouse Edwin Murray Nicolson died on 1 December 1942 at 25 Jubilee Road, Woolwich, Kent, England; Register of Burials in the burial ground of the Metropolitan Borough of Woolwich, Woolwich Cemetery, in the parish of Plumstead in the county of London, in the Year One Thousand Nine Hundred and Forty-Two; ref 383 Edwin Murray Nicolson, 60 years, pensioner, died 1st Dec, 25 Jubilee Road, residence Footscray, buried Section II no 733 7th Dec by W J Reynolds, certified by A E Petchey, signed J B Williams.3,4
- (Deceased) Death*: Florence Mary Atkins died on 9 May 1961 at 11 Elmstead Crescent, Welling, Kent, England, at age 72 cremation record image held.5
- Cremation*: Her body was cremated Register of Cremations page 73, Cremation Record Woolwich Greenwich and North West Kent Joint Crematorium Committee 1961 ref 10730; Nicholson, Florence Mary, 11 Elmstead Crescent, Welling, 72 years female, widow, died May 1961, person applying for cremation Nicholson Albert Claud, 10 Wadard Terrace, Button Street, Swanley; signatures Dr K C Narkwick St Nicholas Hospital SE18; Dr H O Hutching St Nicholas Hospital SE18; Dr J Standing Medical Refuse; death registered Woolwich South District Plumstead; ashes scattered 17/5/61 [17 May 1961] in Garden of Remembrance B6/NW; ceremony performed by J E Linden, receipt 5875 on 15 May 1961 at Crematorium at Eltham Cemetery, Woolwich, Kent, England.5
Last Edited: 25 Apr 2017
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) 1939 register Bexley, Kent [Nov 2016].
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) 1911 census [Jun 2010].
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) 1939 Register [Nov 2015].
- [S62] Website Deceased online (www.deceasedonline.com) Burial Record Woolwich Burial Ground 1942 ref 383 [Mar 2015].
- [S62] Website Deceased online (www.deceasedonline.com) Register of Cremations page 73, Cremation Record Woolwich Greenwich and North West Kent Joint Crematorium Committee 1961 ref 10730 [Mar 2015].
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) [Jun 2010].
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) 1939 register Dartford [March 2017].