- Birth*: Sarah Smith Paterson was born after March 1935 at Lochee, Dundee, Angus, Scotland.1
- She was the daughter of John Findlay Paterson and Agnes Stewart Bryson.
- Married Name: As of 1957, her married name was Bell.
- (Deceased) Death*: Sarah Smith Paterson died on 19 March 2004 at Roxburghe House, Dundee, Angus, Scotland, Death Notice Dundee Courier & Advertiser Saturday March 20 2004 : Bell - Sarah Smith, on March 19, 2004. Having fought courageously, Sarah is now at peace. Intimation and funeral arrangements to follow.
Death Notice Dundee Courier & Advertiser Wednesday March 24 2004 : Bell - It is with deep sorrow that we announce the passing of Sarah S Bell (Paterson) after a lingering illness fought with great courage and dignity; Sarah, youngest daughter of John and Agnes Paterson, of Invergowrie, sister of John and Allan (Canada), Betty, the late Helen and Nessie, mother of the late Linda Muir, loving and devoted grandmother to Linda's children Alan and Heather. Sarah will be sadly missed by her extended family and friends and by all whose lives she touched. Funeral service Friday, March 26, at 9.50am, Samson's Service Rooms, King Street, Broughty Ferry, interment Barnhill Cemetery (new part) 10.30am.2
- Burial*: She was buried on 26 March 2004 at Section AA, Lair 19 Barnhill Cemetery, Dundee, Angus, Scotland; Sarah Smith Bell, 209 King Street Broughty Ferry Dundee, age 68, married, mother Agnes Haggerty Bryson or Paterson, father John Findlay Paterson; buried at 7 feet.3
- Anecdote*: Sarah worked at NCR and also at the Hubara (where her father was a drummer with one of the bands) for Mary Nay in later years. She married someone called BELL (who was a joiner / handyman) and they had a house in King Street, Broughty Ferry which he renovated. This house also had a cottage beside it. She looked after her parents (“John and Aggie”) latterly – they lived at 18 Main Street Invergowrie. Her daughter Linda died young and the main house was left to her daughter Linda’s children on Sarah’s death in 2004.4
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS ref 282/04 0213 [Sept 2009].
- [S20] Unknown author, 'article', Dundee Courier & Advertiser, unknown date (DC Thomson, unknown repository reference) Death Notices 20 March 2004 and 24 March 2004.
- [S6] From SS [Sept 2009].
- [S6] MNMD [Sept 2009].
Sarah Smith Paterson
Downie, David c1785 descendants
Downie, Isabella c1795 descendants
Findlay, Alexander c1725 descendants
Jaap, Margaret c1736 descendants
Laing, John c1768 descendants
Menmuir, Janet 1779 descendants
Nicol, David c1726 descendants
Nicoll, Mary c1770 descendants
Orkney, John c1768 descendants
Paterson, Robert c1775 descendants
Pert, Catherine c1750 descendants
Smith, John c1800 descendants
Mother*: Agnes Stewart Bryson b. c 1902, d. 13 Aug 1988