- Birth*: John Matthew was born on 6 September 1862 at Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; LDS.
- He was the son of Thomas Matthew and Elizabeth Ramsay.
- (Witness) Marriage: John Matthew witnessed the marriage of Thomas Matthew and Mary Jane Paterson on Monday, 24 June 1878 at 152 High Street, Lochee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1878 on the 21st day of June at 152 High Street Lochee after banns according to the forms of the Church of Scotland Thomas Matthew machine-fitter bachelor, 22, 1 Taylor Street Lochee, fath Thomas Matthew blacksmith journeyman, moth Elizabeth Matthew ms Ramsay, Mary Jane Paterson (her mark) powerloom weaver spinster, wit P Macleod, Henry Paterson, 20, 152 High Street Lochee, fath John Paterson joiners labourer, moth Mary Paterson ms Findlay, signed P Macleod minister of St Lukes, wit John Matthew, Margaret Law, reg 1878 June 24th at Lochee David Neish resistrar.1
- (Witness) Marriage: John Matthew witnessed the marriage of John Findlay Paterson and Sarah Copeland Smith on Monday, 13 June 1881 at 70 Mid Street, Lochee, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1881 marriages in the district of Lochee in the burgh of Dundee; ref 46; 1881 on the 13th day of June at 70 Mid Street Lochee after publication according to the forms of the Church of Scotland, John Paterson baker master bachelor, 27, Mid Street Lochee, fath John Paterson jute factory worker (dec), moth Mary Paterson ms Findlay; Sarah Smith spinner jute mill spinster, 24, Mid Street Lochee, fath Alexander Smith baker overseer (dec), moth Isabella Smith ms Downie, signed Wm May St Lukes Lochee, wit John Matthew, Thomas Matthew, reg 1881 June 22nd Lochee J Robertson registrar.2,3,4
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS [Aug 2005].
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), LDS member submission after 1991.
- [S6] From SS [Sept 2009].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, [Aug 2005].
Mother*: Elizabeth Ramsay b. c 1825, d. a 21 Jun 1878