M, #5932, b. 14 April 1805, d. 3 August 1879
- Occupation: James was Hawker of Tea.1
- Baptism*: He was baptised on 14 April 1805 at Inchture, Perthshire, Scotland.2,3
- He was the son of John Runciman and Susan Donaldson.
- (Groom) Marriage*: James Runciman married Ann Moncrieff, daughter of John Moncrieff and Ann Easson, on 29 November 1850 at Kilspindie, Perthshire, Scotland.4
- (Informant) Birth: James Runciman registered the birth of Ann Runciman on 19 June 1859 at Rait, Kilspindie, Perthshire, Scotland; 1859 births in the parish of Kilspindie in the county of Perth, ref 10; Runciman, Ann; 1859 June Nineteenth, 5h 0m am, Rait; female, father James Runciman ploughman, mother Ann Runciman maiden name Moncreiff; informant James Runciman, father, not present; registered 1859, July 2nd at Kilspindie, James Mc... registrar.5
- (Deceased) Death*: James Runciman died on 3 August 1879 at Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 74.1
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: He is commemorated on the headstone erected by Ann Runciman in 1927 at Balgay Cemetery, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads P; erected by Ann Runciman In loving memory of her husband William Paterson who died 14th October 1924; also their children John, William, Susan and Charles who died in infancy; The above Ann Runciman died 17th October 1932; And their daughter Mary F Paterson wife of David Hill who died 11th November 1944 aged 50 years; their grandson William P Smart who died in infancy; And of her parents James Runciman and Ann Moncrieff; And her brother and sister John and Jean; small stone below To the memory of Our Dear Father and Mother.6
Last Edited: 17 Jul 2012
- [S40] CPT [Aug 2010].
- [S40] Lorna Henderson, Wailanae, NZ, http://Runciman.LornaHen.comhttp://runcimansall.blogspot.com [April 2012].
- [S56] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), Source Citation Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950, index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X1Q8-3R4 : accessed 17 July 2012), James Runsiman, 1805 [Jul 2012].
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index).
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory births 363/00 0010 [July 2010].
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , CPT [Sept 2010].