M, #624, b. May 1880
- Birth*: James Dargie was born in May 1880; from marriage & census records.
- He was the son of James Dargie and Jessie Kinmond.
- (Groom) Marriage*: James Dargie married Martha Gray, daughter of Hugh Gray and Martha Conway, on 30 December 1904 at Hillview, City Road, Lochee, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1905 marriages in the dirctrict of Lochee in the burgh of Dundee, ref 3; 1904 on the Thirtieth day of December at Hillview City Road Lochee after publication according to the forms of the United Free Church; signed James Dargie stone quarrier, bachelor age 24, Hillview City Road Lochee, James Dargie quarry master Jessie Dargie ms Kinmond; signed Martha Gray jute weaver, spinster age 24, 8 Rosebank Street Dundee, Hugh Gray carter (dec) Martha Gray ms Conway; signed James Cameron minister Bonnethill Church Dundee, signed John Dargie, Susan S Robertson witnesses; registered 1905 January 2 at Lochee J Robertson registrar.1
- (Informant) Birth: James Dargie registered the birth of James Dargie on 16 October 1905 at Hillview, City Road, Lochee, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1905 births in the district of Lochee in the burgh of Dundee, James Dargie, 1905 October sixteenth 8h 40m am Hillview City Road Lochee, m, James Dargie stone quarrier, Martha Dargie ms Gray, 1904 December 30 Lochee, James Dargie father; 1905 October 30th at Lochee J Robertson registrar.2
Last Edited: 14 Aug 2011
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), stautory marriages Dundee, Lochee 282/05 0003 [May 2007].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, statutory marriages Dundee, Lochee 282/05 0354 [May 2007].