M, #625, b. 16 October 1905
- Birth*: James Dargie was born on 16 October 1905 at Hillview, City Road, Lochee, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1905 births in the district of Lochee in the burgh of Dundee, James Dargie, 1905 October sixteenth 8h 40m am Hillview City Road Lochee, m, James Dargie stone quarrier, Martha Dargie ms Gray, 1904 December 30 Lochee, James Dargie father; 1905 October 30th at Lochee J Robertson registrar.1
- He was the son of James Dargie and Martha Gray.
- (Groom) Marriage*: James Dargie married Martha Campbell Stephen on 3 December 1932 at St Clement, Dundee, Angus, Scotland; 1932 marriages in the distrcit of St Clement in the burgh of Dundee, ref 410; 1932 on the third day of December at 12 Laurelbank Dundee after publication according to the formsof the Church of Scotland; signed James Dargie bulders labourer aged 27 residing 35 Dundonald Street Dundee, parents James Dargie ttram car driver and MArtha Dargie ns Gray; signed Martha Campbell Stephen flax machine warper spinster aged 30 residing 165 Strathmartine Road Dundee parents John Shaw Stephen joiner and Martha Stephen ms Campbell; signed Donald Campbell minister of Bonnethill Church of Scotland Dundee, signed David Stephen, Annie Stephen both of 165 Starthmartine Road Dundee, witnesses; 1932 December 6th at Dundee W H Phillip registrar.2
Last Edited: 15 Aug 2011
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), statutory marriages Dundee, Lochee 282/05 0354 [May 2007].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS statutory marriages Dundee, St Clement 1932 282/02 0410 [Aug 2011].