M, #6488, b. circa 1873, d. 12 February 1933
- Birth*: John Marr was born circa 1873.1
- (Groom) Marriage*: He married Mary Ann Dickson, daughter of Alexander Dickson and Margaret Chalmers, on 8 April 1898 at Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland.2
- (Informant) Birth: John Marr registered the birth of Helen Marr on 2 April 1900 at 13 Watson's Lane, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1900 births in the district of St Peter in the burgh of Dundee; ref 214; Helen Marr; 1900 April second 3h 15m am 13 Watson's Lane Dundee; f; John Marr labourer jute works Mary Ann Marr ms Dickson 1898 April 8th Dundee; John Marr father present; 1900 April 8th at Dundee T Y Miller registrar.2
- (Witness) Marriage: John Marr witnessed the marriage of John Wallace and Helen Dickson on Friday, 25 May 1900 at 16 Lowdens Alley, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1900 marriages in the district of St Peter in the burgh of Dundee, ref 72; 1900 on the twenty-fifth day of May at 16 Lowdens Alley Dundee after publication according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland; signed John Wallace yarn bundler bachelor, 18, 14 Lowdens Alley, parents John Wallace calander worker, Margaret Wallace ms Roy (dec); signed Helen Dickson jute spinner spinster, 17, 16 Lowdens Alley Dundee, parents Alexander Dickson shoemaker (dec), Margaret Dickson ms Chambers; signed William Hall minister of St Thomas Established Church, John Marr, Mary Ann Marr, witnesses; registered 1900 May 28th at Dundee T G Millar registrar.3
- (Deceased) Death*: John Marr died on 12 February 1933 at Royal Infirmary, Dundee, Angus, Scotland, 1933 deaths in the district of St Clementin the burgh of Dundee, ref 224; John Marr jute cop bag sewer widower of Mary Ann Dickson, died 1933 February Twelfth at 2h 40m am at Royal Infirmary (UR 3 Lowdens Alley) Dundee, male aged 60 years, parents David Marr jute mill worker (dec) and Margaret Marr ms Stewart (dec); cause myocondial degeneration as cert by James Carson MBChB; signed Alex Marr son 27 West Port; registered 1933 February 13th at Dundee signed W H Phillip registrar.4,1
- Newspaper Article*: He was mentioned in a newspaper article Dundee Evening Telegraph 13 February 1933 :
MARR - At DRI, in 12th Feb., John Marr, age 60, beloved husband of late Mary Ann Dickson. Funeral, 14th unst., at 1 o'clock, from 3 Lowden's Alley, Dundee on 13 February 1933 at Evening Telegraph, Dundee, Angus, Scotland.4
Last Edited: 4 May 2017
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory deaths Dundee St Clement 282/2 224 [Apr 2017].
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Birth 1900 Dundee St Peter ref 282/01 0214 [Aug 2008].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1900 Dundee St Peter 282/01 0072 [Nov 2010].
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) Newspapers & Periodicals collection [April 2017].
- [S40] DMcL via Ancestry.co.uk [Jul 2011].