F, #6489, b. 2 April 1900
- Birth*: Helen Marr was born on 2 April 1900 at 13 Watson's Lane, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1900 births in the district of St Peter in the burgh of Dundee; ref 214; Helen Marr; 1900 April second 3h 15m am 13 Watson's Lane Dundee; f; John Marr labourer jute works Mary Ann Marr ms Dickson 1898 April 8th Dundee; John Marr father present; 1900 April 8th at Dundee T Y Miller registrar.1
- Name Variation: As of after 2 April 1900, Helen Marr was also known as Nellie.
- She was the daughter of John Marr and Mary Ann Dickson.
- Married Name: As of 30 December 1920, her married name was Hogan.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Helen Marr married Patrick James Hogan on 30 December 1920 at St Mary Magdalene Church, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1920 marriages in the district of St Mary & St Peter in the burgh of Dundee; ref 507; 1920 on the thirtieth day of December at St Mary Magdalene Church Dundee after publication according to the forms of the Episcopal Church in Scotland; Patrick James Hogan ship yard labourer bachelor, 21, 40 Hunter Street Dundee, James Hogan shoemaker (dec) Jane Hogan ms McGregor (dec); Helen Marr jute winder spinster, 20, 129 Hawkhill Dundee, John Marr labourer Mary Ann Marr ms Dickson; John Hampton Shepherd, Harry Jordon, Elizabeth Wilson, witnesses; 1920 December 21st at Dundee Thos Meek registrar.2
Last Edited: 15 Mar 2017
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Birth 1900 Dundee St Peter ref 282/01 0214 [Aug 2008].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1920 Dundee St Mary & St Peter ref 282/01 507 [Aug 2008].