M, #6506, b. circa 1877
- Birth*: Alexander Roy was born circa 1877.1
- (Groom) Marriage*: He married Beatrice McCormack, daughter of Peter McCormack and Mary Jane Wheatley, on 23 July 1900 at St Patrick RC Chapel, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1900 marriages in the district of St Andrew in the burgh of Dundee; ref 289; 1900 on the twenty-third day of July at St Patricks Chapel Dundee after publication according to the forms of the Roman Catholic Church; Alexander Roy coal carter bachelor, 23, 33 Lawrence Street Dundee, William Roy tailor journeyman (dec) Margaret Roy ms Hunter; Beatrice McCormack jute winder spinster, 19, 93 King Street Dundee, Peter McCormack glass stainer journeyman (dec) Mary Jane McCormack ms Wheatley; Peter Rutti catholic clergyman St Patricks Dundee, James Roy, Mary J McCormack witnesses; 1900 July 24th at Dundee Jas Murray registrar.2,3
Last Edited: 14 Apr 2015
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation Parish: Liff and Benvie; ED: 19; Page: 57; Line: 9; Roll: CSSCT1901_94 Source Information Ancestry.com. 1901 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1901 Scotland Census. Reels 1-446. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Dec 2014]
- [S64] Unknown subject, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland: General Record Office of Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriages 1900 Dundee St Andrew ref 282/04 02889; image held [Aug 2008].
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), LDS 452910 [Aug 2008].