M, #6522, b. circa 1823
- Birth*: Alexander Archibald was born circa 1823.
- (Groom) Marriage*: He married Ann Laurence Paterson, daughter of William Paterson and Euphemia Orkney, on 3 October 1853 at Montrose, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- (Spouse) Death: His spouse Ann Laurence Paterson died on 22 December 1864 at 17 Seagate, Montrose, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1864 deaths in the district of Montrose in the county of Forfar; ref 381; Ann Archibald married to Alexander Archibald seaman master (... ...); 1864 December twenty second 11.0. am 17 Seagate Montrose, f, 40 years; William Paterson mill foreman (dec) Euphemia Paterson ms Orkney; consumption ... disease as certified by W M Watson MD; John Paterson brother 74 Castle Street Montrose; 1864 December 26 at Montrose James Hay registrar.2
- (Erector) Memorial Inscription*: A Headstone was erected by Alexander Archibald in 1865 at Rosehill Cemetery, Montrose, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads by Alex Archibald mariner imo w Ann L Paterson 21.12.1864 42, family Magdalen, Euphemia, Alex, Wm all d inf.3
Last Edited: 14 Apr 2015
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), M113124 [Aug 2009].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), image held [Sept 2005].
- [S23] Alison Mitchell ed. Monumental Inscriptions pre-1855 Angus Seacoast vol 2, Scottish Genealogy Society, Edinburgh, first ed (1981) 0 901061 22 0 Angus pre-1855 MI vol 2 page 238, ed Alison Mitchell 1981; [Aug 2009].