- Birth*: Thomas McFarlane was born on 12 October 1877 at King Street, Crieff, Perthshire, Scotland; 1877 births in the parish of Crieff in the county of Perth, ref 106; Thomas McFarlane, 1877 October Twelfth 5h 30m pm King Street Crieff, male, parents Thomas Fleming McFarlane photographer and Maggie McFarlane ms Paton, m 1853 November 21st Auchterderran, signed T F McFarlane father present, registered 1877 October 25th at Crieff Peter McAinsh assistant registrar, Robert Clemet registrar.1
- He was the son of Thomas Fleming McFarlane and Margaret Paton.1
- (Informant) Death: Thomas McFarlane registered the death of Thomas Fleming McFarlane on 4 December 1897 at Fernlea, Ferntower Road, Crieff, Perthshire, Scotland; 1897 deaths in the parish of Crieff in the county of Perth, ref 109; Thomas Fleming McFarlane photograoher married to Margaret Paton, 1897 December Fourth 1h 40m pm Fernlea, Ferntower Road Crieff, ma;e aged 68 years, parents Alexander McFarlane clerk (dec) and Janet McFarlane ms Hay (dec), fatty degeneration of heart 10 years, angina pecloris 8 years as certified by Alexander Stuart MBnn, informant Thos McFarlane son present, registered 1897 December 17th at Crieff John M Crerar assistant registrar David McLement registrar.2,3
- (Groom) Marriage*: Thomas McFarlane married Davina Mary Cuthill, daughter of James Cuthill and Janet Gardiner Adamson, on 5 April 1905 at County Hotel, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; April 5th 1905 at the County Hotel, Forfar after banns according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland; signed Thomas McFarlane age 27 bachelor, photographer, residing at Fernlea Studio, Ferntower Road, Crieff; parents Thomas Fleming McFarlane, photographer and Margaret McFarlane ms Paton; Davina Mary Cuthill aged 30 spinster dressmaker, Orchardbank, parish of Forfar, parents James Cuthill mechanical engineer and Janet Cuthill ms Adamson; signed Geo J Caie DD minister of Forfar, witnesses Alex Todd & Janet G Cuthill; regsitered 1905 April 6th at Forfar W H Thomson registrar.4
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Birth 1877 Crieff 342/00 0106 [Mar 2012].
- [S27] Unknown author GROS, n.pub., n.p., unknown edition (unknown publish date) unknown isbn GROS ref SC49/31/173 Wills inventoried at Perth Sheriff Court via DC [Mar 2012].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1897 Crieff 342/00 0109 from DC [Mar 2012].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1905 Crieff 288/0A 0023 via DG [Sep 2010] & DC [Mar 2012].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Class: RG14; Piece: 29880; ; . Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1911 England Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011. Original data: Census Returns of England and Wales, 1911. Kew, Surrey, England: The National Archives of the UK (TNA), 1911. [Mar 2012]
My Adamson Folk - descendant chart
Adamson, David c1765 descendants
Crighton, John c 1731 descendants
Doughtie, William c1700 descendants
Galoway, Rebeca c1720 descendants
Hall, Jannet c1770 descendants
Mennons, John c1720 descendants
Neave, James c1756 descendants
Richie, Agnes c1700 descendants
Mother*: Margaret Paton1 b. c 1833, d. 19 Jun 1913