- Occupation*: James was Shoemaker.
- Marriage*: He married Helen Whitton, daughter of William Whitton and Betty Thornton, on Friday, 2 February 1855 at Prinlaws, Leslie, Fife, Scotland; 1855 marriages in the parish of Leslie in the county of Fife registered by James Simpson registrar; February Second 1855 at Prinlaws, marriage after banns solemnized between us according to the ceremonies of the U P Church; James Brown usual residence Leslie, aged 32, sailor, bachelor, born (not registered) at Crail, Fifeshire 8th Decr 1822, parents Thomas Brown (deceased), sailor, and Margaret Bell (deceased); Helen Whitton, usual residence Leslie, aged 25, mill worker, spinster, born & registered at Liff & Benvie 24th July 1829, parents William Whitton and Elizabeth Whitton, weaver, maiden surname Thornton; minister William Johnston minister, Andrew Black & James Banks witnesses; registered 1855 February 2nd at Leslie, James Simpson registrar [GROS statutory marriages 444/00 0005 [Oct 2010] & Richard Whitton website [Aug 2010].1,2]
Last Edited: 14 Apr 2015
- [S26] Unknown author Robert Whitton, n.pub., n.p., unknown edition (unknown publish date) unknown isbn www.robertwhitton.eu.
- [S27] Unknown author GROS, n.pub., n.p., unknown edition (unknown publish date) unknown isbn General Record Office for Scotland www.scotalndspeople.gov.uk.
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) www.ancestry.co.uk [Sep 2010].