- Birth*: Alexander L Matthew was born circa 1865 at Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; from 1871 census.2
- He was the son of Alexander Lawson Matthew and Jessie C Johnston.
- (Informant) Death: Alexander L Matthew registered the death of Alexander Lawson Matthew on 3 August 1895 at Infirmary, Arbroath, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1895 deathsin the district of Arbroath in the county of Forfar, ref 280; Alexander Lawson Matthew tobacco & pipe maufaccturer, widower of Jessie Johnston, died 1895 August Third 7h 0m om Infirmary ARbroath us 57 Guhrie Port, male aged 55 Years, parents James Matthew warper - canvas factory (dec) and Margaret Matthew ms Scott (dec), cause bronchitis 14 days congestion of lungs (hypoelalic) as certified by G McNaughton MB, signed Alex L Matthew son 6 Ponderlaw Lane, registered 1895 August 5th at Arbroath signed J S Paterson registrar.1
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1895 Arbroath ref 272/00 0280 image held [Mar 2015].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: St Andrew; ED: 8; Page: 10; Line: 15; Roll: CSSCT1871_52; Year: 1871. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1871 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1871 Scotland Census. Reels 1-191. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [April 2011]
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: St Vigeans; ED: 17; Page: 1; Line: 23; Roll: cssct1881_76; Year: 1881. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1881 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1881 Scotland Census. Reels 1-338. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Oct 2011]
Alexander L Matthew1
Mother*: Jessie C Johnston b. c 1840, d. 20 Dec 1876