William Blane Hood
M, #8190, b. 7 August 1870, d. 14 August 1887
- Birth*: William Blane Hood was born on 7 August 1870 at Ayr, Ayrshire, Scotland; from 1871 census & LDS.1,2
- He was the son of Robert Hood and Janet Blane.
- (Deceased) Death*: William Blane Hood died on 14 August 1887 at Marlette, Sanilac, Michigan, USA, at age 17 accidentally shot - 17 years & 2 months (transcription error - record says 2 days - neither correct - should be 1 week.)3
Last Edited: 3 May 2011
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Newton On Ayr; ED: 5; Page: 11; Line: 18; Roll: CSSCT1871_106; Year: 1871. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1871 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1871 Scotland Census. Reels 1-191. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [May 2011]
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), LDS [May 2011].
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI), New site : film 2363633 folder 4209093 image 1352 ref item p 114 rn 161 [May 2011].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Newton On Ayr; ED: 5; Page: 11; Source Citation: Year: 1880; Census Place: Marlette, Sanilac, Michigan; Roll: 605; Family History Film: 1254605; Page: 182C; Enumeration District: 340; Image: 0364. Source Information: Ancestry.com and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 1880 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2010. 1880 U.S. Census Index provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints © Copyright 1999 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved. All use is subject to the limited use license and other terms and conditions applicable to this site. Original data: Tenth Census of the United States, 1880. (NARA microfilm publication T9, 1,454 rolls). Records of the Bureau of the Census, Record Group 29. National Archives, Washington, D.C. [May 2011]