M, #8392, b. circa 1835, d. before 6 December 1876
- Birth*: John Crighton was born circa 1835.1
- He was the son of James Crighton and Margaret Gray.
- (Groom) Marriage*: John Crighton married Mary Kinnear, daughter of John Kinnear and Isabella Coutts, on 12 December 1869 at Vestry of Steeple Church, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1869 marriages in the district of St Mary in the burgh of Dundee, ref 127; 1869 on the twelfth day of December at Vestry of Steeple Church Dundee after banns according to the forms of the Church of Scotland; signed John Crighton blacksmith bachelor, age 33, Union Street Dundee, parents James Crighton joiner (dec) and Maragret Crighton ms Gray (dec); signed Mary Kinnear power loom weaver spinster, aged 30, Urquhart Street Dundee, parents John Kinnear carter and Isabella Kinnear ms Coutts (dec); signed James Mackay minister of St Clemets Dundee, signed Alex Yule witness, Isable Kinnear witness; registered 1869 December 15th at Dundee Alex Leask regsitrar.1
- (Deceased) Death: John Crighton died in 1871.2
- (Deceased) Death*: He died before 6 December 1876.
Last Edited: 6 Apr 2013
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory marriages 1869 Dundee 282/02 0127 [Nov 2010].
- [S40] Jackson-Welsh Family Tree 4th July http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/46746546 [Sept 2012].