- Birth*: Helen Sword was born on 14 March 1852 at Dundee, Angus, Scotland.
- She was the daughter of Charles Robert Sword and Mary Richardson Combs.
- (Witness) Marriage: Helen Sword witnessed the marriage of Robert Davidson Nicholson and Margaret Combs Sword on Friday, 7 August 1874 at 11 Craigie Street, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1874 Marriages in the district of St Andrew in burgh of Dundee, page 120, ref 239; 1874 on the seventh day of August at 11 Craigie Street Dundee after banns according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland; Robert Davidson Nicolson, engine fitter journeyman, batchelor, aged 21, 3 Crescent Street Dundee, father Robert Davidson Nicolson, engine fitter journeyman, mother Jessie Nicolson ms Worrall; Margaret Sword, powerloom weaver, spinster, aged 20, 11 Craigie Street Dundee, father Charles Sword, iron moulder journeyman, mother Mary Sword ms Combs; signed Archibald Bell minister, witnesses George Stewart, Helen Sword; registered 1874 August 10th at Dundee F Macdonald registrar.1
- Married Name: As of 1880, her married name was Angus.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Helen Sword married George Angus in 1880 at St Andrew, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; Helen age 27, jute spinner, George age 40, railway servant, widower, 4 children.2
- (Deceased) Death*: Helen Sword died on 2 June 1889 at age 37 age 37, pneumonia 7 days.2
Mother*: Mary Richardson Combs b. 8 Jun 1829, d. 5 Feb 1889