M, #8450, b. 1866
- Birth*: James Sime was born in 1866 at Stratford, Essex, England; from 1871 census.1
- He was the son of Thomas Sime and Catherine Whitelaw.1
- Marriage*: James Sime married Mary David, daughter of John David and Mary Lumsdaine, on Wednesday, 21 June 1893 at Youngs Rooms, Nethergate, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1893 marriages in the district of St Mary in the burgh of Dundee, ref 107; 1893 on the Twenty-First day of June at Youngs Rooms Nethergate Dundee after publication according to the forms of the Congregational Church, signed James Sime mechanical engineer bachelor, aged 26, residing Clunie Cottage North Clepington Road Mains, parents Thomas Sime jute factory manager and Catherine Sime ms Whitelaw (dec); signed Mary David boot saleswoman spinster aged 29 residing 4 Craigie Street Dundee, parents John David bootmaker and Mary David ms Lumsdaine; signed David Barron minister Princes St Church, signed George S B Rovertson, Minnie David witnesses, registered 1893 June 29th at Dundee signed John Taylor assist registrar initialled JA [Jas Anderson registrar].2
Last Edited: 26 Aug 2015
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 1623; Folio: 77; Page: 42; GSU roll: 829930. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1871 England Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004. Original data: Census Returns of England and Wales, 1871. Kew, Surrey, England: The National Archives of the UK (TNA): Public Record Office (PRO), 1871. Data imaged from the National Archives, London, England. The National Archives gives no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for the purpose of the information provided. Images may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to the National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU. [July 2011]
- [S64] Unknown subject, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland: General Record Office of Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1893 Dundee St Mary 282/02 0107 image held [Aug 2015].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Dundee; ED: 24; Page: 38; Line: 23; Roll: cssct1881_87; Year: 1881. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1881 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1881 Scotland Census. Reels 1-338. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [July 2011]
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Mains; ED: 2; Page: 5; Line: 8; Roll: CSSCT1891_102; Year: 1891. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1891 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1891 Scotland Census. Reels 1-409. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [July 2011]
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Birth 1896 Mains 307/01 0087 no image held [Aug 2015].