F, #8755, b. 13 June 1858
- Birth*: Elizabeth Brown was born on 13 June 1858 at Middle or New Parish, Greenock, Renfrewshire, Scotland.1
- She was the daughter of Ebenezer Brown and Marion Grieve.1
- (Witness) Marriage: Elizabeth Brown witnessed the marriage of Ebenezer Hall Brown and Janet McClenaghen on Wednesday, 29 September 1886 at The Langhouse Hotel, Buchanan Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland; 1886 marriages in the district of Blythswood in the burgh of Glasgow, ref 397; 1886 on the twentyninth day of September at The Langhouse Hotel Glasgow after banns according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland; signed Ebenezer Hall Brown marine engineer bachelor, aged 24, residing Blackhill Springburn Parish, parents Ebenezer Brown mason master and Marion Brown ms Grieve (dec); signed Jenny McClenaghen, aged 22, 352 Duke Street Glasgow, parents James McClenaghen quarry contractors manager and Agnes McClenaghen ms Stewart; signed Andrew Miller minister of Bluevale parish church Glasgow, signed Robt R Agnew, Elizabeth Brown witnesses; reg 1886 October 2nd at Glasgow John McDonald assistant registrar initialled JS (James Strathearn registrar.)2
Last Edited: 15 Aug 2011
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), [Aug 2011].
- [S64] Unknown subject, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland: General Record Office of Scotland), GROS statutory marriage 1886 Blythswood Glasgow ref 644/07 0397 [Aug 2011].