F, #9255, b. 25 July 1788, d. 1869
- Birth*: Alison Adamson was born on 25 July 1788 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- She was the daughter of James Adamson and Margaret Whyte.
- Baptism: Alison Adamson was baptised on 27 July 1788 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland.2
- Married Name: As of 12 October 1828, her married name was Sturrock.
- Marriage*: She married William Sturrock on Sunday, 12 October 1828 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland.3
- Death*: Alison Adamson died in 1869 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; aged 79.4
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: She is commemorated on the headstone erected in June 1858 at Newmonthill Cemetery, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads Sacred to the memory of Peter Adamson who died 26th June 1858 aged 61 and Elizabeth Crane his wife who died 2nd February 1895 aged 83, also of his sister Alison widow of William Sturrock who died 14th June 1869 aged 84 and of James his son who died 20th May 1898 aged 47 also his daughter Alison Adamson or Myles who died 21at April 1925 aged 86; and his youngest daughter Mary Crane Adamson who died 15th April 1926 aged 70.5
Last Edited: 17 Sep 2013
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), [Feb 2012].
- [S56] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), [Sept 2013].
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI), LDS M112824 [Jun 2009].
- [S50] Unknown subject, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland: General Record Office of Scotland), GROS 288/00 0122.
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , Headstone photo PCC [May 2009].