F, #9535, b. circa 1800
- Birth*: Mary Russell was born circa 1800.1
- (Bride) Marriage*: She married William Shiell, son of Anthony Shiell and Jean Holme, on 17 January 1822 at St Cuthberts, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.1,2
- Married Name: As of 17 January 1822, her married name was Shiell.1
- (Spouse) Death: Her spouse William Shiell died on 19 March 1875 at 26 Minto Street, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland; 1875 deaths in the district of Newington in the city of Edinburgh, ref 289; William Shiell assistant clerk Court of Session married first to Mary Russell second ... Elizabeth Braithwaite ms [Wilstrope?], 1875 March Nineteenth 9h 30m am no 26 Minto Street Edinburgh, male aged 74 years, parents Anthony Shiell retired merchant (deceased) and Jean Shiell ms Jolmes (deceased), death sudden probably from heart disease [unattended his labourer?] many years as certified by William Giegler MD, signed Anthony Shiell son 28 [Market Street?], registered 1875 March 24 at Edinburgh John Smith registrar.3
Last Edited: 14 Apr 2015
- [S56] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), C19500-6 [Jan 2012].
- [S56] Unknown compiler, M11989-5 [Jan 2012].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory death 1875 Newington Edinburgh 685/05 0289 [Jan 2012].
- [S56] Unknown compiler, C19500-5 [Jan 2012].