M, #9902, b. circa 1867, d. 12 July 1948
- Birth*: William Strachan was born circa 1867; from MI.1
- Marriage*: He married Ann Moir Adamson, daughter of John Adamson and Mary Ann Lakie, on Monday, 23 July 1923 at The Manse, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1918 marriages in the distrcit of Forfar in the county of Forfar; ref 39; 1918 on the twenty-third day of July at The Manse Forfar after banns according to the forms of the established Church of Scotland; William Strachan factory fireman widower, 50, 4 Coutties Wynd Forfar, father John Strachan stone quarrier (dec) mother Margaret Strachan ms Carrie (dec); Ann Moir Easton facrtory worker widow, 40, 79 West High Street Forar, father John Adamson general labourer (retired) mother Mary Adamson MS Rathie (dec); signed W G Donaldson minister of Forfar, Robert Dorward Clarl, Georgina Carcarry witnesses; reg 1918 July 25th at Forfar John Y Craib registrar.2
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: William Strachan is commemorated on the headstone erected by John A Easton say 1948 at Newmonthill Cemetery, Forfar, Angus, Scotland. Inscription reads Erected by John A Easton in memory of his father David Easton who died 6th April 1908 in his 32nd year, also his step-father William C Strachan who died 12th July 1948 in his 81st year and his dearly loved mother Ann Adamson who died 28th August 1948 in her 71st year. At Rest.3
Ann Adamson, David Easton, William C Strachan; Forfar Newmonthill
- Death*: William Strachan died on 12 July 1948; from MI.1
Last Edited: 14 Apr 2015
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , photos held PCC [Jul 2009].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1918 Forfar 288/A0 0039 image held [Jan 2008].
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , photos held PCC [Sept 2010].