F, #105, b. 3 March 1795, d. 14 November 1865
- Birth*: Jean Adamson was born on 3 March 1795 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- She was the daughter of David Adamson and Jannet Hall.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Jean Adamson married William Wallace on 21 January 1844 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland.2
- (Deceased) Death*: Jean Adamson died on 14 November 1865 at 31 South Street, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 70 1865 deaths in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, ref 242; Jane Adamson Wallace widow of William Wallace weaver, 1865 November fourteenth 3h 30m pm 31 South Street Forfar, female aged 70 years, parents David Adamson weaver (dec) & Janet Adamson ms Hall (dec), paralysis 7 days as cert by Alex Smith MD, signed John Adamson brother present; registered 1865 November 15th at Forfar signed William Sturrock registrar.3
- (Erector) Memorial Inscription*: A Headstone was erected by Jean Adamson circa 1866 at Forfar Cemetery, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads stone next to parents of Jean Adamson which commemorates 3 generations of the family from David Adamson d 1872; erected by Jean Adamson in memory of her husband W Wallas who died ... February 1861 aged ... years, the said Jean Adamson died 14 Novr 1865 aged ...0 years.4
Forfar Newmonthill Cemetery - William Wallace & Jean Adamson
Last Edited: 26 May 2016
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index).
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI), LDS M112884 [Aug 2006].
- [S50] Unknown subject, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland: General Record Office of Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1865 Forfar ref 242 image held [Aug 2006].
- [S43] PCC photos held [May 2009].
- [S13] Website FreeCEN UK Census Online Project (http://www.freecen.org.uk/).
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Census 1851 Forfar image held [Aug 2006].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Census 1861 Forfar image held [Aug 2006].